illuminea is an internet presence and marketing firm that focuses on creating effective and engaging websites and web marketing campaigns.
illuminea has extensive expertise working with companies, non-profits and individuals in developing and designing the ideal web presence and promotion strategy to achieve the best exposure for their businesses and ideas. illuminea’s websites are visually engaging, easily adaptable for changing content, and highly optimized for usability and improved search results. illuminea’s social SEO (social media integrated with SEO) and marketing strategies work hand in hand with our web designs to supercharge our clients’ web marketing effectiveness and results.
illuminea’s clients include some of Israel’s biggest corporations, as well as shiny new technology startups. While most of our clients are in the hi-tech sector, we have also serviced companies in the finance, medical, construction, and non-profit sectors.
- Learn more about our services.
- See our client list.
- Read our blog. Our blog about WordPress: WP Garage.
Miriam Schwab, Friendly CEO
Miriam is recognized as a leading developer on the WordPress platform and regularly lectures and serves as a web marketing evangelist and resource to the broader internet community. Miriam was selected out of 900 applicants to participate in the US State Department’s Middle East Entrepreneur Training (MEET), Business Executive Program at the Rady School of Business, University of California in San Diego in 2009. Miriam serves on the Steering Board of Digital Eve Israel, one of the leading communities for professional women in Israel, and blogs at illuminea.com/blog and WordPress Garage.
Miriam recently led the illuminea team in organizing WordCamp Jerusalem 2011.
Connect with Miriam:
Following is a list of selected events and conferences at which Miriam has lectured on the topic of social media and SEO.
- MEGAComm (formerly Marcshoret and Techshoret), 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012,2013. You can view the Presentation: Blogging for Excellence slides, You can watch the 2011 interview with Miriam Schwab by Alan Weinkrantz.
- SMX / SphinnCon, 2010, 2011, 2012,2013 You can watch the session “Social is SEO” or view the presentation slides here. You can watch the session ”Loving Raven Tools“ or view the presentation slides here.
- Kishor Professional Jewish Women’s Conference, 2010, 2011
- The Future of Non-Profit Summit, 2011 You can watch Miriam Schwab‘s session.
- Israel Translators Association Conference, 2011
- WordCamp Jerusalem 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011,2013 - Miriam organized WordCamp Jerusalem 2010, 2011, and 2013.
Rebecca Markowitz, Web & WordPress Strategist
Rebecca works directly with illuminea’s clients and leads the development and management of their web campaigns. Rebecca has been using WordPress for over 6 years and has worked on over 80 websites on the WordPress platform. She has actively played a part in developing successful websites for major Jewish and Israeli organizations and companies.
You can follow Rebecca on Twitter @thebigfelafel
Menucha Zimmerman, Little Miss Search
Menucha joined the online marketing team at Illuminea in August 2012 to support our SEO, PPC, and social media efforts. She began working in SEO at the end of 2007, and hasn’t looked back since. Menucha has a strong aversion to the word “guru”, appreciates/borderline worships a good pun, and has been somewhat afraid of David Bowie ever since watching The Labrynth.
Maor Chasen, WordPress Magician
Maor is an avid WordPress Developer and Core Contributor. Maor likes a good challenge and gets excited by PHP, jQuery, and new WordPress functionality. His main gig is creating customized themes and plugins at illuminea.
Moti Feldman, Designer Extraordinaire
Moti studied design at Ariel University and is a web and print designer, with over 7 years of experience. He believes that for each client there is a perfect design waiting to be discovered.