Getting started with blogging and social media
People are always asking for background information on why and how they should blog. While there is great information out there on the web, I thought I’d put together a resource here that I can refer people to when they ask. This post will be updated regularly so keep checking back.
Why Start a Blog and 25 Tips to Make it Work, Conversation Agent, Nov. 6, 2008
The Ultimate Blogger Writing Guide, Dean Rieck, CopyBlogger
You Need a Blog Strategy, Darren Rowse, Problogger, Dec. 10, 2008
Social Media Tips
Let’s talk: Social Media for Small Business – e-book from Microsoft (who would’ve thought)
If I Started Today, Chris Brogan, Nov. 22, 2008 – Chris Brogan gives advice on how he would start a social media strategy from scratch
The Ultimate Social Media Etiquette Handbook, Tamar Weinberg, Techipedia, Dec. 10, 2008
Combining blogging with social media
Your Social Media Strategy Starts with Monitoring, Marketing Profs – before you dive into social media, you must monitor it first.
How to Develop a Social Media Plan for Your Business in 5 Steps, Mashable – Great 5 step guide to getting your business into social media
How to Leverage Web 2.0 & Social Media Sites to Market Your Brand & Control Your Message, SEOmoz – a business-minded look at thirty sites whose content fits the Web 2.0 description
- illuminea’s May 2012 webinar: Google+ Hangouts as a business tool and other useful info
- Talking to the Tel Aviv Writer’s Cafe: 7 tips for marketing yourself with blogs and social media
- My 4 step (ok, 16 step) social media strategy
- Why Peter Shankman will hire a “social media expert”
- Blogging and social media for marketing and creating videos – presentations from Techshoret
- Are we reaching the social media saturation point?