Middle East Entrepreneur Training program discrimination: update
A little over a week ago, I discovered “The Middle East Entrepreneur Training (MEET),” a US State Dept.-backed program geared towards strengthening leadership and entrepreneurial skills among residents of the Middle East…except Israeli Jews!
I quickly contacted as many people as I could about this blatant discrimination, including reporting this on a mailing list for journalists and writers. This happened last Thursday, Sept. 21, and by Friday morning all of the related web pages had been taken down, and were changed to include Israeli Jews.
But instead of blowing over, Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu reported on this on IsraelNationalNews.com, complete with pictures of the State Dept.’s shoddy attempt at correcting their online Word documents with Track Changes on for all to see! (And then with a virus inside. It just wasn’t their day.)
His article was subsequently picked up by prominent blogger Yid with Lid, and since then it has spread like wildfire throughout the political blogosphere. Here is a partial list of blogs that reported this story, and I will be updating it as I discover more:
- Yid with Lid: Miriam’s Story-UPDATE/US State Department “No Jews Allowed” Program
- Michelle Malkin: State Department subsidized No Israeli Jews Allowed program
- Debbie Schlussel: State Dept.: No Jews Allowed for Tax-Funded Biz Program for Arabs
- Mere Rhetoric: State Department Tries To Cleanse Obviously Illegal “No Jews Allowed” Application But Is Too Fucking Stupid To Turn Off Track Changes
- Atlas Shrugs: State Dept: No Jews Allowed
- Aliyah! Step-by-Step: U. of Cal programâ€“no Jews allowed
- Right Truth: No Jews in State Department program, no Jewish bullets in Iraq, Afghanistan
- Solomonia: US State Department backing program that discriminates against Jewish Israeli entrepreneurs — Till they got caught
- The God Blog: No Jews allowed: Judenrein U.S. program
- The Jewish Week, by Michele Chabin: Federal Program Barred Israeli Jews For Three Years
- Yid with Lid:State Department Anti-Semitic Program: The Rest of the Story
- Israpundit: â€œNo Jews Allowedâ€ Application
Will any “traditional” news outlets pick this up and report on it? Only time will tell…although time seems to be indicating that they are either unaware, or disinterested.