We would love to invite the SEOmoz team and Roger to Jerusalem, Israel where everyone puts their politics aside and gathers together in the name of SEO love!
Jerusalem is Israel’s largest city with a population of about 801,000 people. It is a holy city to three monotheistic religions – Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. The city has a growing community of entrepreneurs, web designers, web developers, and SEO professionals.
Make sure to tweet it up if you want to nominate Jerusalem for #MozCation! Use this tweet button:
Here are our top 11 reasons why SEOmoz should MozCation in Jerusalem:
- Jerusalem has hosted the SMX conference for 4 years, as well as tons of other meetups and conferences, like WordCamp Jerusalem (organized by yours trulies) and KahenaCon.
- Some pretty big names in the SEO-related scene have visited: Eric Schmidt (The President’s Conference 2012), Barry Schwartz (SMX organizer and speaker 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012), Dixon Jones, Marty Weintraub, Thomas Bindl, Michael King, Nichola Stott, Kevin Gibbons, Matt Mullenweg (WordCamp 2010), and more!
- Startup Nation: The Economist notes that Israel now has more high-tech start-ups and a larger venture capital industry per capita than any other country in the world. [Source: Wikipedia]. Scientists from Jerusalem’s Hadassah hospital are the first in the world to cure ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) symptoms in a patient. World-changing science is happening right here!
- This may be the holy city, but you can still party: Every year Jerusalem hosts a beer festival, a wine festival and has over 81 bars from the low-key to swanky rooftop digs.
- Delicious ethnic food: Israeli falafel and shwarma, sabich, Ethiopian, Moroccan, Indian, Japanese, Italian, and many more. Israel’s many immigrants offer unique flavors to the country’s array of food choices.
- The shuk! Jerusalem’s open air market has the freshest fruits and vegetables you’ve ever had. And, as a bonus, you’ll get free yelling from vendors hawking their goods.
- The views: So you’re just driving along and reach the top of a hill and woah! Stretched in front of you is an amazing view of the rolling hills of Jerusalem. Almost everywhere you turn are views like you can’t believe.
- Size matters: Since all of Israel is roughly the size of New Jersey, you can extend your stay and in just a few days explore Israel from top to bottom. Israel has every kind of geography you could possibly want: snow-capped mountains, sandy beaches by the Mediterranean sea, a floatable Dead Sea, cool breezes in Jerusalem, and deserts in the south.
- Celebrities love to visit: Madonna, Will Smith, Shakira, Justin Bieber, Sarah Silverman, Ashton Kutcher, Demi Moore, Whitney Houston, and the list keeps going.
- Rand’s an MOT (Member of the Tribe): MOTs really should visit Israel, at least once, to see the land where Abraham walked, King David set up his kingdom, and Benji searched for the best hummus.
- Jerusalem is the #1 ranking city according to the big G (G-d that is, not Google). Don’t worry, we still care a lot about what Google has to say.
Watch Kutiman’s unbelievably beautiful music video through Jerusalem: