When someone is interested in your product, service or industry, you want them to find you. Until recently, you did that by building a web site, and hiring an SEO (search engine optimization) expert.
People only spend 5% of their time using web search. 47% is spent on content.
This is not enough anymore.
Content consumption outside of websites has increased 153% in the last 9 months. Overall, 53% of online users are consuming content outside of a publisher’s site. Statistics also show that people only spend 5% of their time searching (using Google, Yahoo, etc.) when using the web. A whopping 47% of users’ time is spent browsing and viewing content, which they find in search results, but also via social recommendations on networks like Facebook, or on blogs and other content sites.
“New online features and communities are also leading consumers to spend a larger share of their online time with content. Consumers spend considerable time with social-networking sites, which serve not only as places of content but are also increasingly important communications vehicles.” (Internet Activity Index, issued by The Online Publishers Association)
What this means for you: to get the best results in terms of generating traffic to your site and building long-term relationships with visitors to strengthen your brand and increase conversion rates, it’s important to combine your SEO efforts with social media marketing. You can no longer solely depend on your website. You need to be out there.
the new web is really the place to be
To be part of this growing, social, content-rich environment, companies need to adopt a new consumer-centric approach to marketing that involves:
- Transparency and dialogue
- Going to where your users are
- Rich content
So, people have found you, but do they stick around? Do they want to create a relationship with you? Or do they see a dowdy brand with the usual marketing-speak that makes them run quickly away?
People don’t buy marketing-speak anymore, and expect respect and dialogue in order to build the trust that will serve as the basis for their relationship with you.
illuminea can help you get there.
illuminea social media marketing services
illuminea takes companies from the “irrelevant corporate website” to a web presence that works for them by providing the following services:
- Creating comprehensive and measurable web marketing strategies:
- identifying goals and audiences
- identifying the appropriate tools to use to achieve goals and reach audience
- designing a detailed content creation and management plan
- Implementing web marketing strategies by:
- Designing and developing search engine-optimized websites/blogs
- Creating rich content for websites, blogs, press releases, e-newsletters, and more using a variety of media.
- Creating and managing social profiles and communities
- Designing and managing e-newsletter campaigns to drive people to your distributed web presence
- Managing your blog and web presence with continuous content creation, online relationship management, etc.
Creating in-depth social media strategies isn’t for everyone. You may already have a web presence, with a website and maybe a blog, and you would like an objective, external point of view on how you can improve it. Or, you may have some level of familiarity with social media, but you would like to learn a bit more.
illuminea provides consulting services to businesses and individuals on how they can improve their web presence. The consultations can cover any material related to marketing on the web that interests you, and takes place on an hourly basis with a minimum order of two hours.
Contact us to set up a consulting session.