Corporate Blogging and Social Media is a seminar that will help you get a solid background in blogging and social media, start your own blog and write and optimize your first post for social media and search engines. We’ll also cover the following:
- How an effective blogging strategy can be an amazing way to market your brand and/or company
- How to set up and promote a blog with the various social media tools available
- Creating and monitoring an online social media profile that delivers results.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) basics for better blogging
- Digital PR/PR 2.0 – moving beyond the conventional press release to the Social Media Press Release
Intro to Corporate Blogging
Corporate Blogging Overview
- Overview of social media: where does corporate blogging fit in?
- Why are businesses blogging? Case studies, successes and failures
- Blog lingo: comments, trackbacks, rss, pingbacks, and more
- Meeting corporate requirements and limitations, such as regulations, compliance and trade secrets
- Corporate blogging strategy: defining goals, processes, personnel, and resources (i.e. time)
- Dos and donts of blog etiquette
Getting Down to Business: How to Blog
- What is a blogging platform?
- Overview of available blog options: self-hosted blog vs. WordPress.com, Blogger, Typepad
- Design and Layout: how to integrate your blog with your corporate website; selecting modules and features to add and to omit
- Identifying key bloggers to follow in your niche
- Free cool tools that help enhance your blogging experience and efficiency
- Using RSS feeds: how to stay updated on blog activity in your industry with RSS feeds and feed readers
- Determining frequency for posting on your blog
- Handling positive and negative comments
- Techniques for promoting your blog: linking to other blogs; search engine friendly blog elements: Tags, Keywords, Content; Press releases; Guest blogging; Scoops
To Register, click here.
Roll up your sleeves: Write, Optimize, and promote
How to write compelling content for people and search engines
- Learn the basics of writing and publishing a blog post
- The SEO Magic Formula: keywords, links, and fresh content
- Writing for search engines vs. writing for human beings
- Tweaks you can make to optimize your blog or site for search engines
- Plagiarism: where do we draw the line? How much can we copy from others?
- How to protect your blog from sploggers (spam bloggers)
- Practice writing a post and get feedback from others
Social media and the new PR
- Understanding web 2.0 and social media: social bookmarking, blogs, social networking, podcasting, wiki, rss, user-generated content
- Overview of main networks and social media: YouTube, Flickr, Facebook, LinkedIn, Delicious, Ning, Myspace, twitter, friendfeed, and more.
- What is the Social Media Press Release (SMPR) and how do I use it?
- How to write press releases for new media and search engines
- Staying up-to-date with the latest online newswires and news services
- Using your blog as an independent media desk for your company
- Online tools to monitor what blogs are saying about you
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02-566-0297.