SphinnCon Israel coming up…and not a woman to be seen (on a panel)
SphinnCon Israel is sold out! SphinnCon Israel is a SphinnCon networking event focused on search and internet marketing, and is taking place this coming Tuesday, February 5 at the Jerusalem College of Technology (also known as Machon Lev). This event is exciting thanks to the incredible lineup, with representatives from well-known international companies like Google, TechCrunch, Kenshoo and Yedda (see my previous interview with Yedda’s Lior Haner, who will be speaking at the conference), and thanks to the location: Jerusalem! For once I don’t have to schlep to Tel Aviv for a great event, and I am thrilled.
There are also some really interesting reps from lesser-known but really professional Israeli companies: Tzvika Avnery will be there from Tagadam; Tzvika is a pro in the social media sphere and his company develops apps for social networks, among other things. Eli Feldblum from RankAbove will be there too; Eli is actually pretty well-known in the SEO world for his expertise, and his company services clients from all over the world. I’m mentioning these guys because I know them, but I hope I’ll get to meet the others on the panels too.
The main guy behind the whole thing is Barry Schwartz, the Executive Editor at Search Engine Roundtable, and President of RustyBrick, “a Web services firm specializing in customized online technology that helps companies decrease costs and increase sales.”
Here is the speaker list as from Barry’s latest post on the event at Search Engine Roundtable:
- Branko Rihtman, SEO Specialist at Tens Technology (Presenter)
- Ophir Cohen, CEO of Compucall
- Sam Michelson, CEO of Five Blocks
- Gilad Sasson, Search Marketing Analyst at Nekuda.co.il
- Avi Wilensky, CEO of Promedia Corp (Presenter)
- Itai Levitan, Managing Partner at EasyNet
- Alon Sheafer, Founder of Kenshoo
- Tal Cohen, Finance and Technology Industry Manager at Google Israel
- Michael G. Samet, Ph.D., CEO, Referral Technology, Inc.
- Eli Feldblum, CEO of RankAbove (Presenter)
- Tzvika Avnery, Partner at Tagadam
- Roi Carthy, TechCrunch
- Lior Haner, Yedda
Here’s what’s not cool: not a woman in sight on the speaker list. Not one. It’s a celebration of testosterone. I’m not against testosterone, but it would be nice if it was toned down a bit by at least one representative from the other 51% of the human race. And it’s not like there aren’t impressive women in the industry: how about Tamar Weinberg, who works at Rusty Brick and writes the amazing Techipedia blog? Or Tzvika Avnery’s partner at Tagadam, Orly Izhaki, who has a really impressive background in web-related ventures, and writes at smo.co.il (Hebrew)? Don’t tell me they were unavailable as an excuse. I’m sure there’s at least one woman in the web industry who could have been available.
Anyways, I’m really looking forward to this event, and I’ll hopefully fill you all in on how it goes. If they have internet access, I may even Twitter and live-blog the event like a good lil’ social media geek should.
- SphinnCon Israel review part 1: Barry Schwartz’s introduction
- Watch illuminea’s Web Trends Roundup for March 2012
- SphinnCon search marketing conference coming back to Israel
- illuminea’s May 2012 webinar: Google+ Hangouts as a business tool and other useful info
- SphinnCon Israel summary…more to come later
- Google Drive finally launches and other useful info from illuminea’s April 2012 webinar