After a long break I’ll be giving a course on social media marketing for businesses on Sept. 23 and 30. The course had filled up already, but we’ve moved the venue to a bigger room so we have 5 spaces left for anyone interested. The course will take place in the Sandisk offices in the Kfar Saba Hi-Tech park. Each session will be four hours, and we will get hands-on at every stage with tools and techniques for optimizing your social media activity.
For more information about costs, venue, topics, etc., please contact us at (02) 5660297 or via email at email@example.com.
Sept. 23: What exactly is social media, and how do I use it effectively?
Part 1: What is social media marketing? (1 hour)
- What makes something social? What is Web 2.0? We’ll look at the most important elements of social media today: RSS, Video, Widgets, Tagging, and more to get everyone on the same page.
- The importance of social media in your marketing activity
- Case studies: companies and organizations that have successfully and unsuccessfully used social media
Part 2: Planning effective strategies for social media activity (3 hours)
- Elements of an effective social media strategy
- Setting goals
- Important considerations before starting
- Research your space
- Monitoring & engaging – how, what
- DO NOT neglect the other “boring” stuff: SEO, email, advertising, etc.
Sept. 30: Practical techniques for implementing your social media strategy
Part 1: Overview of important social networks – what they are, how to best use them for marketing (3 hours)
- How to use twitter for marketing: setting up profiles that work for business, building up community, promoting your profile, what and how to write, monitoring, measuring, the best tools, etc.
- Using facebook for business: profiles, Pages, applications, events, etc.: critical differences between each of them, how to choose the right ones for your purposes, setting up a facebook presence that works for marketing and promotion.
- YouTube and other video sites: why video is the next generation of web marketing, what to keep in mind when working with video, ideal length and content, how to promote your video to achieve your marketing goals
- Blogs – “old fashioned” but crucial: blogs are the hubs of an effective social media presence. What to keep in mind, how to set it up, how to integrate it with your other social media activity, ideal frequency for updates, what to write, how to write, how to promote.
Part 2: Personal branding (1 hour)
- What is personal branding?
- Why everyone should work on their online personal brand today
- How to create a successful personal brand with social media
Summing up: Where to go from here (0.5 hours)
- Key points to keep in mind when branching out into social media
- Putting it all together
- Working with (skeptical) upper management
About the speaker – me, Miriam Schwab
Miriam is the Friendly CEO of illuminea, and has been speaking and teaching about social media and blogging for business for over two years.
illuminea is a marketing firm dedicated to helping businesses and organizations use the social web effectively as an integrated part of their marketing mix. illuminea has extensive expertise in designing, developing and strategizing business blogs, and using these blogs as the hub for launching successful social media marketing activities. Part of illuminea’s day-to-day activities involve keeping up with the latest developments in the social web so that we are always able to offer our clients the best solutions for their needs.
Among illuminea’s clients are some of Israel’s leading companies and personalities, including Comverse, Commtouch, Natan Sharansky, and more. Click here to view testimonials from illuminea’s clients.
Here is a list of the conferences and events that Miriam has spoken at:
Partnership 2000, Nov. 12, 2008
MEET Alumni Conference, August 4-5, 2009 Istanbul Turkey: “Blogging Secrets: Tips for marketing your business online.”
For more information about costs, venue, topics, etc., please contact us at (02) 5660297 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope to see you there!