Friendly CEO + Founder
Miriam founded illuminea after giving birth to kid #4 and realizing she needed more flexibility and room for creativity in her work. Following her life-long love for all things digital, Miriam set out on a search for the ideal content management system, and when the clouds parted and the angels sang, she knew she had found the One: WordPress.
Since then Miriam has led the illuminea team in creating over 100 WordPress websites, organizing three WordCamp conferences for the Israeli WordPress community, and training clients and the public on best practices for digital marketing.
Miriam is proud to serve on the Steering Board of Digital Eve Israel, one of the leading communities for professional women in Israel, to help empower women economically. Miriam also blogs about WordPress, social media marketing and SEO at illuminea.com/blog and WPGarage.
Miriam regularly speaks at local conferences and meetups, and when the opportunity arises she hops on a plane to speak overseas too.
Following is a list of selected events and conferences at which Miriam has lectured on the topic of WordPress, social media, and SEO.
- MEGAComm (formerly Marcshoret and Techshoret), 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012,2013. You can view the Presentation: Blogging for Excellence slides, You can watch the 2011 interview with Miriam Schwab by Alan Weinkrantz.
- SMX / SphinnCon, 2010, 2011, 2012,2013 You can watch the session “Social is SEO” or view the presentation slides here. You can watch the session ”Loving Raven Tools“ or view the presentation slides here.
- Kishor Professional Jewish Women’s Conference, 2010, 2011
- The Future of Non-Profit Summit, 2011 You can watch Miriam Schwab‘s session.
- Israel Translators Association Conference, 2011
- WordCamp Jerusalem 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013 – Miriam organized WordCamp Jerusalem 2010, 2011, and 2013.